The mission of Blue Dragon Herbs™ is to bring the healing power of Chinese herbs, to the United States, in all their original potency, yet unadulterated by the toxins of modern chemical herb farming. At Blue Dragon, we grow our herbs in the same locations and using the same methods that have been used for hundreds and thousands of years. The soil is fertilized naturally, with compost and the use of crop rotation, instead of chemical fertilizers. In place of insecticides, our farmers use the naturally effective juice of fresh herbs such as Chrysanthemum, Wild Ginger or Ephedra Stem. Instead of herbicides, our farmers take care of weeds the old-fashioned way, pulling them out by hand one by one. The difference is vitally important for the health of our farmers, our patients, ourselves, future generations, and the health of the Earth itself.
The following points differentiate the quality and commitment of Blue Dragon Herbs.
• The Highest Percentage of USDA Certified Organic Content By Far of Any TCM Herb Company. 88%of the herbs used in our formulas are either organically grown or wild-crafted organic. Many of our formulas have 100% organic ingredients.
• Blue Dragon Herbs formulas are 100% Herb: We use no fillers or excipients such as magnesium stearate or corn starch. This increases potency and so lowers necessary dosages and costs considerably, while eliminating allergic reactions caused by some excipients.
• Extraction: We extract the active ingredients from our herbs with a rotating extractor that keeps the temperature below the boiling point. We do not burn our herbs. We also incorporate a trapping device which catches the herbal oils and reintroduces them into the final product. This increases potency considerably.
• Drying: Our herbs are dried using an innovative room temperature process. Unlike high temperature ovens or low temperature freezers widely used by other companies, this process better preserves the potency and efficacy of the herbs.
• Organic Advantage: The active ingredients in organic herbs are believed to be 20% to 50% higher than conventional herbs. This is measured by comparing weight and size. For example, wild ginseng can be ten times lighter than chemical-cultivated ginseng but have ten times more ginsenosides.
• Lower Dosage and Costs: When combing these innovations and advantages, the effect-dosage dynamic curve (which all companies use when determining effective dosage), indicates the superiority of our manufacturer’s methods. While many other herb companies recommend taking 4 capsules 3 times a day, our average recommended dose is half of that, or only 3 capsules twice a day to achieve the same results. Higher potency means less capsules for patients to swallow and lower overall costs compared to other herb companies. (please refer to Dosaging Guidelines for more specific recommendations based on age and weight)
• De Dao Herbs: We always choose the correct location and genus of herb or “De Dao”, according to Shen Nong‘s Classic Compendeum of Materia Medica or Shen Nong Ben Cao, the first Pharmacopoeia of Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine.
• The “4 GP’s” or Good Practices: GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) sets standards for air, water and soil purity. tGPP (traditional Good Processing Practices), guarantees processing of the herbs according to over 40 different traditional methods. Our herbs are processed at a full scale GMP-ISO 9001 factory that is 100% compliant with FDA‘s GMP standard. Finally, the factory also meets the FDA’s GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) standards. Our manufacturer contracts with two internationally recognized GLP labs: Shanghai Food and Drug Lab (sifdc,org.cn) and Hong Kong Science and Technology Park (hkstp.gov.hk). Our products are also assured by random checks by the U.S. FDA lab.
• Low Sulfur Content: We require less than 10 ppm (parts per million) versus many companies which allow between 30 and 150 ppm. Inorganic sulfur is a dangerous toxin that causes permanent brain, kidney and liver damage.
• The Strictest Standards for Heavy Metal Content: Require testing on all herbs to European Common Market Standards, which are more stringent than the U.S. FDA.
• Heavy Ion Beam Sterilization: HIBS avoids the toxicity of methods commonly used by other manufacturers for sterilization such as ultraviolet, chemical, sulfur dioxide or radiation which can cause cell mutations.
• Endangered Species: Our products contain no plant or animal byproducts that are either endangered or cannot be reproduced.
• Veggie Capsules: Derived from plant cellulose, entirely non-toxic and 100% natural
• Environmental Conservation: A clean environment is the foundation of life on this planet. It is the basis for health in every organ, gland, tissue and cell in the body. The ancient Chinese culture understood this interconnection between man and the environment, and it was fundamental to the development of Traditional Chinese Medicine
• Blue Dragon Herbs™ is honored to do its small part in spreading the awareness of the interconnectedness of the health of the planet, our communities and our bodies, while providing the highest possible quality, organic Chinese herbs to the United States and the world.
“The world is a sacred vessel that cannot be changed. He who changes it will destroy it. He who seizes it will lose it.”
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
"I've been impressed with the herbs I've received from Blue Dragon Herbs. They were quick to answer my questions regarding testing and their dedication to quality and potency is evident throughout."
M. Sean Kaminski, L.Ac., NYC, New York
“I've been using Blue Dragon formulas for several years & I swear by them. I'm Blue Dragon for life! There are so many products on the market that are poorly made which is why I love these formulas. They actually produce results. Frankly, you should just stop wasting time reading reviews & just start ordering! Michael is an absolute joy to do business with. I LOVE doing business with real people as opposed to icky large companies. My order arrives FAST & FABULOUS! THANKS Michael!”
Roxy Rich, Eugene, Oregon
“Blue Dragon Herbs are always my first choice for herbal formulas in my practice, primarily because they are extremely effective, but also because they are organic and the highest quality that I’ve been able to find. My patients are always surprised at how quickly they feel results, and they also appreciate my efforts to find the highest quality in herbal products. I’ve been using them for myself, my family, and my patients for over 14 years and I haven’t found anything to match their outstanding quality and effectiveness.”
Theresa Valenzuela, L.Ac., Acupuncture Healing in Sequim, Washington
“I love your product so much - it has changed my life so profoundly. After almost 30 years of having an erratic menstrual cycle and trying everything under the sun I started taking Equilibrium. Since the first month I have had a healthy, regular period every month - for the first time in my life. I can't thank you enough, Michael!”
Jessica Lanyadoo, Oakland, California
“As Chinese medicine practitioners we all know how effective Chinese herbs can be. However, what we don’t always know, is how clean and safe the herbs we are purchasing are. Finally, with Blue Dragon Herbs, we have access to high quality, organic Chinese herbs. I have been using Blue Dragon herbal formulas with my patients for over 10 years, and have been thrilled with their efficacy. As a customer, I have been very pleased with Blue Dragon’s customer service. I have always received immediate responses with helpful information, and the interactions have been pleasant and personable. The confidence to provide our patients with effective and organic Chinese herbs is such a gift.
I am truly grateful.”
Anita Teigen, L.Ac., Red Clover Clinic, Roseville, Minnesota